Saturday, April 29, 2006

 

JazzFest day one

Had a great day yesterday, it was wonderful fest weather. low 80s, breezy, a little overcast. Not the usual baking hottness that you get at JazzFest. We caught the very end of Anders Osborne, who was rocking, and I'm sure it was a great set. We did catch:

Keb' Mo', who was really wonderful to see live. I've got most of his albums, and he has such a wonderful folky bluesy feel, that was perfect for JazzFest.

Bob Dylan. I was in line to get water for most of his set, but it was as packed as I've ever seen the Acura stage. I recognized Don't Think Twice It's Alright, Hurricane, and How Does It Feel. I know I'm not the first to say this, but his vocals are almost unintelligible. It's pretty ridiculous that somebody who is known for his lyrics is so difficult to understand what the hell he's saying!

Dr. John. The Dr. had some great moments, but overall it was a little bit more experimental set than I would have liked. He did play a new song about New Orleans rebuilding that was pretty great, and one of the last tracks that he did was Goin' Back Home to New Orleans, which was on my wife and I's cd player when we set out from Chicago to come back home. Listening to that with Karen was the "JazzFest moment" from day 1.

Today we're off to hang around the city with some friends from out of town, and to check out the draft (can you believe that the Texans didn't take Reggie Bush? The Saints now either end up with the best prospect to come into the NFL in 10 years, or a boatload of draft picks in trade). It's going to be an exciting day.

Oh, and by the way, we now have a new roof, so maybe it won't rain in our bedroom anymore (which it did on Tuesday last week).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?