Tuesday, November 22, 2005

 

Quick Hits 11/22 - Great Headline edition

Katrina turns oil-contaminated town into the epitome of despair

Hurricane Katrina Provides a Silver Lining for Louisiana Prostate Cancer Patient
“We’d never heard of the da Vinci robot or this kind of prostate cancer surgery in New Orleans,” said Allen. “So if it hadn’t been for Hurricane Katrina, I don’t know what we would have done. This has definitely been the silver lining.”

Mayor Nagin blames racism, class bias for slow Katrina response
"I think that if this (New Orleans) was Orange County, California or South Beach in Miami, I do think the response would have been different," Nagin said. "I think it's a combination of racial issues and a combination of class," the mayor added.

Thousands Still Unaccounted for After Katrina
A group of New Orleans firefighters today went searching for bodies in the Lower Ninth Ward — for the third time.

Katrina victims adjusting to new lives in Kentucky
"I'm going to make some of my jumbalaya and my gumbo to make it feel like home," said Bratcher, who lost almost everything after Hurricane Katrina slammed into New Orleans.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?