Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

Great article on what it is like to live in New Orleans now

Written by a Loyola University professor.

"On my way every day to where we used to live, I drive through a city I love that lies in ruins. The park that lines one side of a boulevard I follow home is now a solid wall of debris 20 feet high. On the other side of the street, desolate houses destroyed by the flood gape back with shattered windows, open doors and ragged holes in rooftops kicked out by families trapped in their attics when the water rose. Every single thing - wrecked houses, abandoned cars, even the people - everything is covered in a pall of gray dust, as if all the color of this once vibrant city has been leached out. "

Read the full article here

Thanks to Murph for turning me on to this

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?