Tuesday, September 27, 2005

 

A small bit of solace

My barbershop is going to re-open! It's the smallest things these days that help me to feel like home will really be home again. I got my hair cut the other day, and it was the first time in at least 2 years that somebody else has cut my hair. How I miss going to Aidan's and getting a Dos Equis or a Guiness. This new barbershop offered me water. Water? How is that going to help me get my hair cut? I think a beer is a much better option.

We at Aidan Gill for Men have upmost sympathy for those in the wake of Katrina. While we're currently spread out across the country, we know the spirit of New Orleans lives on in the hearts of all of us. The Aidan Gill for Men shop did sustain damage from Katrina, but we will rebuild – we survived the famine and we'll survive this too. We are dedicated to New Orleans and look forward to returning home.

Oh, and the guy who owns it is Irish, i.e. the famine reference.

Visit their website here.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?