Saturday, September 10, 2005

 

NYTimes article

Thought I was done for the night, but then I ran across this. Good read. My favorites:

"Congress must ensure that a catastrophe of nature does not become a catastrophe of debt for our children and grandchildren," said Representative Mike Pence, Republican of Indiana and a conservative leader in the House. (That's rich. How are our other policies not resulting in the same catastrophe?)
--------------------
"I know the American people, some of them are worrying about all this money," Mr. DeLay said. "Ladies and gentlemen, five million people, five million Americans, deserve us finding a way to make them whole." (I'm going to remember this one. I hope he lives up to it.)
--------------------
Full article here

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?