Saturday, September 03, 2005

 

Note from my friend who was evacuating the hospital...

Well, it is 1:30 AM, I just got home. We got all patients and staff out of both facilities today. I brought home 4 staff to sleep here tonight and as long as they need to. I don’t even know 2 of them! They are docs and heard I had a bed. The other two are dear friends and I am soooo glad to see them alive! Thank you for your prayers. It must have been the warm thoughts coming from you because as late as 3 PM today we didn’t think it would happen. And they were out of food and my 18 wheeler of food got confiscated by the National Guard and never made it in. Oh, the stories I could tell! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know this part of the story. Now your prayers need to go to the folks who have lost everything. Three of the four I have here have lost everything, cars, homes, and all. The two docs are flying out to Tampa tomorrow, and I’m not sure what the other one will do. Thank you all for your warm thoughts!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?