Friday, September 23, 2005

 

Houston is Barren

I came back to Houston at around 5:00 p.m. this afternoon. We took some country roads to get back and I've never seen such an amazing sight. We got on I-10 and counted 4 cars in a 6 mile strech. It was quiet, real quiet. The winds have picked up, but it's not raining right now. In fact, it seems Houston has really dodged a bullet.

On the way back there were many cars just left on the side of the road. I can't imagine how many cars will be littered on I-45 and I-10. If anyone out there is planning to come back on Sunday, I'd be prepared for hell. Houston is almost completely out of gas. If anyone reads this, do what we did, and find some country roads to come back on. If you go to the BP MS 150 website, they have a great map that will get you back. I think the worst part of this, as far as Houston is concerned, is what it will be like coming back on Sunday.

Bumped to the top because it's important at 10:44 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?